How to customise the ’Layout’ within an Issue Type
Article ID: 389 | Rating: Unrated | Last Updated: Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 8:28 AM
Users can customise the layout of the Issues dialog for individual issue types. This allows users to determine the fields available in the dialog.
Follow the steps below to customise a an issue type Layout:
- Open the Issue Pane by clicking Issues on the 'Navigation Toolbar'.
- Right-click anywhere on the Issues pane and select Settings | Customize Types. The 'Issue Types' screen will appear.
- Select an existing type and press Edit. The 'Edit Type' screen will appear.
Note: You can also Add a new type. If you click Add, the 'Add Type' screen will appear. Each type must have a Type description and unique ID.
- To adjust the layout, press Layout. The 'Customize Type Layout' screen will now open.
- Choose the appropriate tab to which you want to apply the customise layout to.
- For new issues which are yet to be created within the engagement, choose New Issue.
- For existing issues which are already within the engagement, choose Existing Issue.
- By default, all areas will contain a green checkmark (). To turn-off a component within the custom layout, simply click on the green checkmark. This will change the image to a red cross ().
- Fields with a green checkmark () next to them will display in the custom layout for New Issue / Existing Issue created.
- Fields with a red cross () next to them will be excluded from the custom layout for New Issue / Existing Issue created.