What’s New - October 2017
What’s New - October 2017
CaseWare Working Papers 2017
CaseWare Connector 2017
Below are some improvements to the software from Connector 2016.00.020 to our current release build. For more information please refer to CaseWare Connector Online Help.
- To increase efficiency and save time searching through documents, you can now reference a specific page in a PDF when using the Hyperlink Reference dialog.
- You can now insert a page or note number reference defined in a specific CaseView document.
- Fixed an issue where converting a CCH ProSystem fx formula in a Word Document into a Connector link would replace the formula with the text "JUST CONVERTED".
- Fixed an issue where selecting the Zero as Dash option would round non-zero linked values.
- Converting formulas from ProSystem fx to Working Papers is now done without using an intermediary formula format. This change fixes certain rare errors that could occur during conversion.
External Document Section
- Option to attach a header or footer if one does not exist in the external document.
Table of Contents
- The ability to remove the page number heading in the Table of Contents when using Format 4 ‚Äď Detailed table of contents.¬†
Improvements to the ribbon
- An ‘Apply default settings’ button has been added to allow custom settings from the CL - Firm Financial options document, to be applied to the financial statements.¬†
- When resizing the width of a column, the change can now be applied to all similar tables in the current section or throughout the document.
- Sub-totals can now be added/deleted from the right click menu.
- Client customisations to paragraph level formatting can now be preserved when merging in the firm standard style sheet.
- Incorporated Association ‚Äď NT Schedule 4¬†
- Expanded list of Revenue and Expense leadsheets to provide more detail.
- Income Statement structure updated to include expanded leadsheet list.¬†
- Directors Report ‚Äď disclosures left align with main heading
- Improvements to Audit Report
- Cash Flow Information note ‚Äď new disclosure ‘Changes in liabilities arising from financing activities’
- The following loan accounts have been moved from Trade and Other Payables to Borrowings:
- Related party payables
- Interest free at call loans
- Interest free loans from beneficiaries
New Inclusions / Amendments
- Additional Revenue and Leadsheet groupings to further break up these areas for use in the FSA
- Renumbered Half Year Leadsheets (e.g. B.08 to B.01H) and Consolidated Leadsheets (e.g. B.05 to B.01C)
- 2-200 - Materiality workpaper now captures the Adj. balance, Thereon and Planning total columns when capturing the planning calculations.
- 6-150 - Completion Memorandum now includes the following:
- New Reportable Item column in the risk tables
- New Sign-off and Bulk Sign-off options from the heading right-click menus
- Locked down Going Concern, Subsequent events and Related parties section.
- Going Concern now includes Altman Z score ratio graph
- New Threshold controls for the FSA Matters tables. Tables have also been given a face-lift.¬†
- New Solid background Tickmarks for better visibility within the Internal Image Viewer.¬†
Risks and Controls
- Risk dialogs now consistent across all profiles. Previously the OneForm and Review profiles had less options than the main profiles. These dialogs are now consistent.
- Control option is now included for Review engagements.
- When performing an engagement file update, a red exclamation mark( ) will appear near any signed-off documents in the Update dialog to indicate that they cannot be updated or deleted.
- Firm authors now can push updates made to the Financial Statement Areas document such as Working Papers References in the master template to users
- Update screen has been improved to offer more guidance for the user updating the engagement file.
Checklists and Work Programs
- Filtering procedures is now supported in work programs and checklists. You can specify your filter parameters in the Filter Procedures dialog which can be accessed from the Filter Procedures ( ) button at the top of any work program or checklist.
- Modified comments made to a procedure response after sign-off no longer appears in modified state after performing a year end close.
- The Display Completion Details option in the Options menu to hide or show the role sign-off at the top of the document will now also hide the role sign-off detail from printing.
- The OCR now includes a new Prior Year column to help you decide which documents to delete.
Financial Statement Areas (FSA)
- Custom rows assigned to a group number that is no longer associated with that FSA will now be removed from the FSA worksheet when the file is refreshed. If the rows are unassigned or using a different line type, they will not be removed.
- Description fields in the FSA worksheet now automatically update any changes made to calculations, and support extended descriptions. Changes will display without the need to refresh the worksheet.
- FSA items with possible unrecorded adjustments that would cause the FSA item to be immaterial now display a yellow warning sign in the Inherent Risk column. The warning is cleared when the Risk assessment completed column is filled out.
- Changes made to Specific Materiality now prompt the yellow over-auditing warning and the red under-auditing warning in the Materiality assessment column when relevant.
- Clicking a skin heading (such as Planning or Risk Assessment) no longer refreshes the constellation.
- FSA cards now have a view/edit button ( ) that launches the associated FSA worksheet.
- Constellation filters now change color to indicated they have been selected.
Version: 1.00.011 Release 11
- Updated the disclosure checklists for the latest changes in accounting standards in effect for 31 December 2017 and 30 June 2018
- Updated the mapping structure to reflect the changes in FinancialsIFRS 15.